Junior QA Engineer
Malauzai Software Inc. is a successful software firm based in Austin, Texas developing next-generation SmartApp technology for community banks and credit unions, including mobile and web. Our team works on an innovative, highly dynamic web banking application with a quickly growing user base. We strive to deliver the best experience for our users and customers while also maintaining a code base that is as simple and clean as we can make it. We work closely with product management and other teams throughout the life of a project. We love open-source, using the latest technologies to create outstanding user interfaces.
We are looking for a Junior Quality Assurance Engineer to develop and execute exploratory tests. As a member of the Quality Assurance team, you will be responsible for defining, executing, and reporting all testing related functions at Malauzai including: the review of product requirements and specifications, feature reviews, planning and scheduling of QA tasks, hands-on execution of QA tasks, providing feedback on product performance, and investigation of client issues. You will be responsible for ensuring our products and services meet the established standards of quality; including reliability, usability and performance. You will work in coordination with Malauzai’s Product and Engineering teams to test services and features across all platforms (Android, iOS, and Web).
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
- Identify, record, document and track bugs
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years quality assurance, auditing and testing experience
- Strong computer skills
- Proven working experience in software development
- Proven working experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Ability and willingness to learn automation
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Automation experience preferred, but not required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- New office with covered parking
- Weekly lunches
- Flexible scheduling
- Company outings and events
- Fun environment
Job is in Austin, Texas. Must be local or willing to relocate.
Malauzai Software does not sponsor employment visas.
Recruiters please do not respond to this posting.