Front End Web Enginner, CSS Focused
Malauzai Software is seeking a Front End Engineer whose focus and expertise is primarily HTML and CSS. We are a successful software firm based in Austin, Texas developing next-generation SmartApp technology for community banks and credit unions, including mobile and web. Our team works on an innovative, highly dynamic web banking application with a quickly growing user base. We strive to deliver the best experience for our users and customers while also maintaining a code base that is as simple and clean as we can make it. We work closely with product management and other teams throughout the life of a project.
As part of the web team at Malauzai, you will work closely with our designers and engineers to improve and extend our product. We love open-source, using the latest technologies to create outstanding user interfaces.
In this position, you would:
- Contribute to an established styles codebase for web-based applications and products for both desktop and touchscreen devices.
- Implement styling for new features and improve existing ones.
Our ideal candidate is:
- A self-starter, able to find opportunities to add value and execute solutions.
- Well versed in front end best practices.
- Excited about working in the growing financial technology industry.
- A collaborative team player that can adapt well to a changing environment.
- 2+ years of experience in developing web-based user interfaces.
- Excellent understanding of CSS fundamentals including cascading, specificity rules, selectors, inheritance, box model and stacking context.
- Able to solve layout problems with and without flexbox; familiar with a variety of browser bugs and workarounds for them.
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor to enhance maintainability and productivity of your work.
- Previous projects make use of responsive site development, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- Good understanding of all common HTML elements in terms of not just default layout rules and styling but also their semantic and contextual usage.
- Fearless at debugging style bugs; developer tools are your close friends.
- Work independently and take responsibility and ownership of your work.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competive salary, commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- New office with covered parking
Job is located in Austin, Texas. Must be local or willing to relocate.
Malauzai Software does not sponsor employment visas.
Recruiters please do not respond to this posting.