Malauzai Software (www.malauzai.com) is seeking a services engineer to join our team. We are a successful software firm based in Austin, Texas developing next-generation SmartApp technology for financial institutions, including mobile and web. If you are looking for a challenge in the growing tech environment, like to work hard and have fun, this could be just what you’re looking for!
In this position you will provide basic-level service support on servers, workstations and network operating systems, including problem resolution, technical change implementation and maintenance for our clients. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology, resourceful, and have excellent skills working with a team. The main technologies this engineer will use on a daily basis are scripting languages like Ruby, PostgreSQL, and Linux server. We are looking for an individual who is able to understand a web service API framework and work to improve complex interfaces and front end facing employee and customer software.
- Evaluate, implement and manage business entitlements and back-end interfaces.
- Oversee systems analysis by providing recommendations and assessments.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance of operating systems, software application and systems security.
- Design and document configurations and maintenance procedures.
- Provide technical support for our production support and product delivery teams.
- Maintain awareness of technology trends and issues and apply that knowledge to interface issues and solutions.
- Scripting languages, such as Ruby, Python, etc.
- Write maintainable code in a functional style
- Work productively in a dynamic environment
- Take ownership of your work
- Contribute to design and architecture decisions
- NodeJS experience
- Current Scripting languages, tools, and methodologies
- 2 years using PostgreSQL
- Linux server experience
- Git or similar tools
- Single-page web applications
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- Flexible scheduling
- Fun environment
- Weekly lunches
- Company outings and events
Job is located in Austin, Texas. Relocation assistance is not available but anyone is welcome to apply.
Malauzai Software, Inc. does not sponsor employment visas.
Recruiters, please do not respond to this posting.